Saturday, September 3, 2016

Welcome to the Promethean Concepts Blog

Welcome to the Promethean Concepts blog!

I'm Laurel. Although this blog is new, I have been designing digitally for 20+ years. I updated the logo a bit, but it is essentially the same one I used when I did freelance graphic design and marketing work in addition to my "day job" as a marketing manager (where I focused on B2B design work, like brochures and catalogs).

I eventually left marketing and went back to school to become a teacher. I found being a teacher allows me to use the creative side of my brain in a whole different way.

Anyhow, I have *always* scrapbooked, even in junior high (I don't think I had a name for it then). You'd think with my design background I would have jumped on the digital scrapbooking train a lot earlier, but boy do I have an entire craft room of supplies I eventually need to use lol! I eventually started scrapping digitally because of sheer necessity- my son performs in musical theatre and I am often sitting in a Starbucks or McDonalds for hours, 5-6 nights a week. Have you ever packed a bunch of stuff to go to a scrap retreat? Imagine bringing all that stuff to a Starbucks and settling in for the night! Bringing a laptop was a much easier route.

I have gotten so many freebies over the past few years, so this is a place where I can pay it forward and share some freebies that I create with you!

Enjoy, and happy scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment